Savory and Spicy Ground Beef & Succotash
Ground beef is the surprise ingredient in this savory and spicy succotash dish.
- 1 ounce lean ground beef
- 1 cup lima beans (frozen, cooked and drained)
- 1 3/4 cups corn (15 1/2 ounce can, drained)
- 1 can tomatoes (14 1/2 ounce, broken up)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Brown ground beef in pan. Drain excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients except nutmeg. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, A River of Recipes
Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods