Sesame Turnips and Carrots
This quick and easy recipe uses carrots and turnips for a warm, fall flavor. Garlic and honey (or brown sugar) work together to create a sweet and savory blend.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium turnips (cut into 1/4-inch cubes)
- 2 medium carrots (cut into 1/4-inch cubes)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey (or brown sugar)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, add oil and sauté turnips, carrots and salt until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in garlic and sesame seeds and cook until vegetables begin to brown.
- Stir in honey. Serve warm.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service