This shepherd's pie recipe is a twist on the classic comfort food. Using frozen veggies helps you get it on the dinner table quickly.
- 2 potatoes, large with skin, diced
- 1/3 cup milk, skim
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, 85% lean
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (10 ounces)
- 1 can vegetable broth, low sodium (14.5 ounces)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Place diced potatoes in saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer (about 15 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and mash. Stir in milk and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Brown turkey in a large skillet. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables and broth. Bring to a slow boil.
- Spoon vegetable-meat mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread potatoes over mixture. Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve hot. Garnish with shredded cheese (optional).
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education