Simple Fish Tacos
Seasoned chunks of cod topped with fresh diced tomatoes, shredded cabbage, a squeeze of lime, and a dollop of cilantro-infused sour cream are all served on top of a warm corn tortilla. These fish tacos are the perfect combination of simplicity and excitement.
- 1/2 cup sour cream (non-fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (fat-free)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (divided)
- 1 pound cod or white fish fillets (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups red and green cabbage (shredded)
- 2 cups tomato (diced)
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch, warmed)
- lime wedges (for serving)
1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, and 2 Tbsp seasoning mix.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cod, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and remaining seasoning mix; pour into large skillet. Cook stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. Fill warm tortillas with fish mixture.
4. Top with cabbage, tomato, sour cream mixture, lime wedges, and taco sauce.
US Department of Health and Human Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)