Skillet Pasta Dinner
A quick and delicious one-pot meal that is sure to please the whole family. Add your favorite frozen or fresh veggies to this dish.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, 85% lean (or ground sausage or beef)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (approximately 1 teaspoon)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces uncooked tube pasta (ziti, penne, or macaroni)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen vegetables (try zuccini and carrots)
1. Brown the ground meat, onion, and garlic in a skillet or heavy saucepan. Drain off any grease.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and uncooked pasta.
3. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the fresh or frozen vegetables, stir and continue cooking until the pasta and vegetables are tender (about 10 more minutes).
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.