Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
Quick to make but rich and delicious flavors of carrots, onion, and celery flavor in this slow cooker lentil soup. Add your favorite spices if you want to add a little kick.
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional, or 2 Tablespoons dried parsley)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon (or 2 cubes beef bouillon)
- 1 1/2 cups lentils (dry)
- 2 carrot (medium, sliced)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 celery stalk (sliced)
1. Mix all ingredients together in slow cooker.
2. Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Serve hot with crackers or bread.
Montana State University Extension Service
Nutrition Education Program