Southern Banana Pudding
Sweet and delicious, this dessert will soon become a family favorite.
- 3 3/4 cups milk (fat-free)
- 2 instant vanilla pudding and pie-filling mix (small packages 4 serving size, fat-free, sugar free)
- 32 vanilla wafers
- 2 bananas (medium, sliced)
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping (light)
- Mix 3½ cups of the milk with the pudding mixes. Beat the pudding mixture with a wire whisk for 2 minutes until it is well blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped topping into the pudding mix.
- Arrange a layer of wafers on the bottom and sides of a 2-quart serving bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the remaining milk over the wafers. Add a layer of banana slices and top with one-third of the pudding.
- Repeat layers, drizzling each wafer layer with remaining milk and ending with pudding. Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Learn more about bananas.
US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Heart Healthy Home Cooking: African American Style