Soy Marinated Chicken
A delicious and simple chicken dish. Enjoy with a fresh salad and brown rice, or a whole grain roll.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low-sodium
- Slice the orange to make round slices and set aside
- Place 4 chicken breasts in a 1-gallon size plastic zipper bag.
- Add the liquid to the bag with the chicken.
- Zipper the bag closed and gently massage to mix the liquids and evenly cover the chicken inside the bag.
- Let the chicken marinate in the bag in the refrigerator for 4 or more hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray shallow oven-proof baking dish with non-stick spray large enough to place chicken in single layer in the baking dish.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, place in a single layer in the baking dish. Throw away the zipper bag from the chicken.
- Bake chicken uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over, cover with orange slices that were set aside, and bake 15 more minutes (total of 35 minutes).
- Check with a food thermometer. Temperature should reach 165°F.
- Serve chicken topped with an orange slice from the baking dish if desired.
Learn more about:
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.