Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Basil, and Parmesan
Here is a delicious late summer side dish bursting with fresh flavors. This dish would go well with a grilled entrée.
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Place the 2 squash halves, cut side down, in glass baking dish. Add about 1/4 cup water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 12 minutes or until soft when pressed. Let stand covered for 3 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk oil, basil, oregano and 2 Tablespoons Parmesan. Stir in tomatoes and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Scrape squash out with a fork, add strands to tomato mixture and toss until combined. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
University of Maryland Extension.
Eat Smart. Be Fit. Recipes.