Spinach Salad with Apples and Raisins
Enjoy this tasty, sweet fall salad with a savory and seasonal entrée. Use Granny Smith or your favorite kind of apples. Try leaving out the sugar for a more tart flavor.
- 2/3 package baby spinach (10 ounces, washed. Could also use Kale or other greens)
- 1 1/2 apples (chopped, can use 1-2 apples)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/16 teaspoon garlic powder (pinch)
1. Combine spinach, apples and raisins.
2. Mix all dressing ingredients and pour over salad just prior to serving.
Eat Smart. Be Fit.
University of Maryland Extension