Spinach Stuffed Potatoes
These tasty, twice-baked potatoes are stuffed with veggies, cheese, tofu, and sour cream for a delicious and filling dish.
- 6 potatoes (baking)
- 1/4 cup sour cream, light
- 1/4 cup tofu, silken soft
- 1 package spinach (10-ounce frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat (grated)
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning (example: Mrs. Dash)
1. Thaw the spinach before you cook this recipe! After it thaws, drain any extra water from the spinach.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Wash and scrub the potatoes.
4. Bake the potatoes in for 1 hour till they’re tender and you can pierce them with a fork.
5. Wash and chop the green onion until you get ¼ cup onion.
6. Put the sour cream, tofu, spinach, onion, pepper and cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
7. When the potatoes are baked, let them cool. Then use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the potato. Add the inside of the potato to the sour cream mix. Stir together.
8. Stuff the potato skin shells with the mixture.
9. Sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic and herb seasoning.
10. Bake the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until they’re a little brown. Add extra cheese on top if desired.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network