Spinach Stuffed Potatoes
These tasty, twice-baked potatoes are stuffed with veggies, cheese, tofu, and sour cream for a delicious and filling dish.
- 6 potatoes (baking)
- 1/4 cup sour cream, light
- 1/4 cup tofu, silken soft
- 1 package spinach (10-ounce frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat (grated)
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning (example: Mrs. Dash)
- Thaw the spinach before you cook this recipe! After it thaws, drain any extra water from the spinach.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes in for 1 hour till they’re tender and you can pierce them with a fork.
- Wash and chop the green onion until you get ¼ cup onion.
- Put the sour cream, tofu, spinach, onion, pepper and cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- When the potatoes are baked, let them cool. Then use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the potato. Add the inside of the potato to the sour cream mix. Stir together.
- Stuff the potato skin shells with the mixture. Sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic and herb seasoning.
- Bake the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until they’re a little brown. Add extra cheese on top if desired.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network