Spring Vegetable Saute
Bursting with delicious spring flavors, this delicious sauté is perfect with a side of roasted chicken, fish, or tofu.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 3 new potatoes (tiny, quartered)
- 3/4 cup carrot (sliced)
- 3/4 cup asparagus pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas, or green beans
- 1/2 cup radishes (quartered)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill (dried)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Cook the onion 2 minutes, add the garlic and cook another minute
- Stir in the potatoes and carrots. Cover, turn the heat to low, and cook until almost tender, about 4 minutes.
- If the vegetables start to brown, add a Tablespoon or 2 of water.
- Now add the asparagus, peas, radishes, salt, pepper, and dill. Cook, stirring often, until just tender - about 4 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.
National Cancer Institute (NCI).