Stir Fry Vegetables and Beef
Looking to add more vegetables into a family-friendly meal? This recipe does the job. With a rainbow of colorful vegetables that are cooked until tender but not mushy, this stir-fry presents bright, crisp flavors that are wholesome and tasty. Use tofu or other meat substitutes for an appetizing vegetarian dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup carrot (sliced)
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces sliced beef
- Wash hands and any cooking surface.
- Mix spices, soy sauce and water; set aside.
- Wash vegetables. Slice carrots, broccoli and mushrooms. Chop onions and bell peppers.
- Heat oil in large frying pan and add meat when oil is hot; stir until brown.
- Push meat to the side and in the middle of the pan add carrots, onions and peppers. Cook them for one minute
- Add mushrooms and broccoli. Cook until they are tender.
- Add liquid mixture and cook until bubbly.
- Reduce heat, cover pan and cook for two more minutes.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta or brown rice.
Texas Cooperative Extension Expanded Nutrition Program
The Texas A&M University System