Summer Italian Vegetables
Fresh tomatoes, summer squash, green peppers, and onions give this cheesy side dish a boost to any summer meal. Use any vegetables that you have on hand or find at the Farmers Market.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 squash, diced (yellow or zucchini)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces, low sodium)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine onion, squash, tomato and green pepper in a baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with oregano.
4. Pour the tomato sauce over the vegetables.
5. Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
6. Top with cheese and bake another 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
7. Refrigerate leftovers.
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis