Sweet and Sour Cabbage
This tangy cabbage dish requires no cooking. Chill for serveral hours and serve as a side dish for lunch or dinner.
- 1/2 head of cabbage (about 4 cups when chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
1. Cut the cabbage in half and rinse it with water.
2. Chop the cabbage into very thin bit-sized slices.
3. In a large bowl, combine ingredients and mix well.
4. Cover the bowl.
5. Chill in the fridge for several hours before serving.
Learn more about:
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network