Top this ground beef and bean taco soup with shredded lettuce and fat free sour cream or nonfat yogurt for the full taco experience.
- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
- 3 cups corn (2-15.5 ounce cans, rinsed and drained)
- 2 cans red kidney beans (15.5 ounces each, rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup water
1. Cook meat in a pot over medium heat until brown.
2. Put meat in a strainer to drain fat. Rinse with hot water.
3. Mix all the ingredients in a pot and cook on low for an hour.
2009 Recipe Calendar
University of Maryland Extension
Food Supplement Nutrition Education Program