Tangy Jicama Slaw
Jicama provides a wonderful crunchy texture for this tasty and tangy slaw.
- 2 cups jicama, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in light syrup (11 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice (juice of one lime)
- salt (to taste, optional)
- cilantro (optional)
1. Cut the jicama in half so you have a flat side for stability.
2. Peel the jicama using a small sharp knife.
3. Cut the jicama in small strips or grate it using a large hand grater.
4. Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl and enjoy.
Iowa Department of Public Health
Iowa Nutrition Network