Tasty Chicken and Veggie Packets
Fast and flavorful. Choose your favorite vegetables and try this quick and delicious dish on a busy weeknight. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
- 4 chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1/4 red onion (julienned)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 red pepper (julienned)
- 1 celery stalk (julienned)
- 1/2 zucchini (julienned)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons basil (fresh, chopped)
- thyme (fresh springs, optional)
- parsley (chopped, optional)
- ginger (minced, optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed (1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon))
- salt (to taste, optional)
- pepper (to taste, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut four large rectangles of parchment paper or aluminum foil and fold in half; unfold.
- Place each chicken breast in a large square of foil or parchment paper and season with salt and pepper.
- Top chicken with your choice of vegetables and seasonings.
- Drizzle each packet with ½ teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Fold the parchment paper or foil in half and then crimp around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape.
- Using a spatula, transfer the packets to a baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes, depending the thickness of the chicken breast.
Food and Nutrition Information Center