Ten Minute Corn Chowder
Try this quick, easy, and creamy corn soup when you're short on time.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons flour (all purpose)
- 3 cups non-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups corn kernels (frozen)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded reduced fat
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and saute the onion and garlic until golden, about 2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the flour, milk, mustard and seasonings in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Add the milk mixture to the skillet followed by the corn; mix well until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, for about 3 minutes. Stir frequently to keep the mixture from burning.
4. Divide into four bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
Cooking Demo II
Food and Health Communications, Inc.