Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps make great appetizers, or enjoy two for an entree. Pairs well with fresh or canned pineapple.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 pound ground turkey, 85% lean (or thinly sliced)
- 1 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
1. Mix the water, cornstarch, and teriyaki sauce.
2. Add meat and water chestnuts.
3. Heat oil in a skillet or heavy saucepan and add meat mixture; stir until cooked through.
4. Serve in a lettuce leaf.
Ground or thinly sliced beef or pork can be substituted for turkey.
Learn more about:
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.