Three Bean Salad
This tasty salad pairs excellently with a tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread and a piece of fruit. Make ahead of time and chill overnight in the refrigerator to let the flavor blend together.
- 1 cup kidney beans, cooked (see <a href="/node/1061">recipe</a>)
- 1 cup green beans (cut, canned or cooked)
- 2 cups yellow wax beans (canned or cooked)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 2/3 cup onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic (cloves, whole)
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Mix beans, vegetables and garlic cloves in a large bowl.
2. Mix vinegar, oil, and sugar in a saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
3. Stir seasonings into vinegar mixture. Pour over vegetables. Toss lightly. Chill overnight.
4. Remove garlic before serving.
The Bold and Beautiful Book of Bean Recipes
Washington State WIC Program