Three Bean Salad
This tasty salad pairs excellently with a tuna salad sandwich on whole grain bread and a piece of fruit. Make ahead of time and chill overnight in the refrigerator to let the flavor blend together.
- 1 cup kidney beans, cooked (see <a href="/node/1061">recipe</a>)
- 1 cup green beans (cut, canned or cooked)
- 2 cups yellow wax beans (canned or cooked)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 2/3 cup onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic (cloves, whole)
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Mix beans, vegetables and garlic cloves in a large bowl.
2. Mix vinegar, oil, and sugar in a saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
3. Stir seasonings into vinegar mixture. Pour over vegetables. Toss lightly. Chill overnight.
4. Remove garlic before serving.