Searching for a good vegetarian lunch option? Enjoy this tofu and vegetable salad on whole grain bread, with a piece of fruit for a satisfying and tasty meal.
- 3/4 pound tofu (firm)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, reduced calorie
- 3 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon onion (diced)
- 1/2 green pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
1. Prepare tofu by draining the water from the package and placing tofu between two plates. Put a heavy object on top and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the water that collects on the bottom plate every few minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard and soy sauce.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the diced tofu, celery, onion, pepper, and parley; stir in the mayonnaise mixture and toss gently to coat.
4. Refrigerate covered until the flavors are blended - at least one hour.
5. Use as a sandwich filling or on top of whole grain crackers.