Tomato and Cucumber Salad
This refreshing salad is an excellent source of vitamin C and a great way to take advantage of the vegetables’ summer growing season.
- 4 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad. Mix well.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
University of Nebraska at Lincoln
Nebraska Nutrition Education Program