Turkey Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Fresh orange juice and dijon mustard give this vinaigrette a bright and zesty flavor to top this turkey and orange salad.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white wine
- 2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups salad greens (torn)
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast (cut into julienne strips)
- 1 cup mandarin orange sections (drained)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced)
1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. If you don't have a container with a tight-fitting lid, place ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix together with a whisk.
2. In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss gently.
3. Serve with vinaigrette. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
You can substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chopped onion for the chopped fresh onion or as recommended on the dried onion container. Prepare the dressing at least 10 minutes before you need it to allow the dried onion to re-hydrate from the fluids in the dressing.
Use white meat leftovers if you've prepared a whole turkey and not just the breast portion.
Another way to add crunch to your salad would be to use 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts instead of the celery.
Cook it QUICK!
University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension