This hearty stew of turkey, potatoes, and vegetables will warm up a cold winter night. You can replace the cooked turkey with cooked chicken.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 4 carrot (chopped)
- 2 celery stalk (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (chopped)
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups turkey (cooked, chopped)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Italian seasoning or oregano, basil or thyme (to taste, optional)
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery and stir for 2 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, tomatoes, and water to pan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and cook another five minutes or until heated.
3. Season to taste before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Montana State University Extension Service.