This hearty stew of turkey, potatoes, and vegetables will warm up a cold winter night. You can replace the cooked turkey with cooked chicken.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 4 carrot (chopped)
- 2 celery stalk (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (chopped)
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups turkey (cooked, chopped)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Italian seasoning or oregano, basil or thyme (to taste, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery and stir for 2 minutes
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, and water to pan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and cook another five minutes or until heated.
- Season to taste before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Montana State University Extension Service