These tostadas are layered with refried beans, turkey, and cheese to create a delicious and easy dinner. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, and onions to increase your veggies.
- 2 cups cooked turkey (cut into bite-size pieces, or 2 cups ground turkey, browned in a skillet and drained)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (chili)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup refried beans (low-fat or fat-free)
- 1/4 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (shredded, low-fat)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 8 tablespoons taco sauce (1/2 cup)
- plain yogurt (low-fat or fat-free optional)
- guacamole (or mashed avacado optional)
1. Wash and prepare vegetables.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine turkey, taco seasoning, and water.
3. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Place tortillas on a cooking sheet. Bake at 375° for 4-7 minutes or until tortillas are crispy.
5. Spread tortillas with a tablespoon of beans. Top with 1/4 meat mixture and cheese.
6. Return tortillas to oven to cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and taco sauce. Garnish with yogurt and guacamole, if desired.
UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program.