Uncooked Tomato Sauce
Fresh tomato sauce using veggies from your garden or the farmers' market makes this a great summer recipe. Mix with cooked pasta for an easy meal.
- 6 tomatoes (large, cut into chunks)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1/2 onion, medium (finely chopped)
- 1/2 green pepper (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- 6 cups pasta (cooked)
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Chop tomatoes and mix with all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Toss with hot cooked pasta or rice and top with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
Add a can of white or black beans, drained, for extra protein before tossing with pasta or rice.