Vegetable Medley with Salsa Dip
Use this colorful veggie plate at your next party or gathering.
- 2 carrots (cut into 3-inch sticks)
- 2 celery stalks (cut into 3-inch sticks)
- 1 cup bell pepper (green or other color)
- 1 cup sour cream, fat free
- 1 cup fresh salsa (see recipe below)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 jalapeno chiles (finely chopped, seeded if desired)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Arrange vegetables on a platter.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and salsa. Serve.
Fresh Salsa Preparation:
- In a medium bowl, mix lime juice, tomatoes, onions, jalapeño chiles, cilantro, and salt.
- Store salsa in refrigerator for up to three days in a covered plastic or glass container.
Feel free to serve with whatever vegetables you have on hand. Could also be served with crackers.
California 5 A Day, It’s So Easy
Contra Costa Health Services