Veggie Chow Mein
This noodle dish combines the crunch of fresh veggies with the flavors of onion, garlic, and soy sauce to create a delicious and easy stir fry. Make it a family favorite using your favorite veggies.
- 6 ounces spaghetti noodles (or thin flat egg noodles)
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (grated)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup bell pepper (green or red, finely chopped)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic with oil in frying pan for 1 minute over medium/high heat.
- Add carrot, chicken bouillon, and pepper sauce. Stir.
- Add broccoli, celery, and bell pepper and continue to stir.
- Reduce heat to low and add noodles and soy sauce. Mix well over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
University of Illinois, Extension Service.