Clean out your cupboards with this quick and easy veggie recipe. Use whatever fresh or canned vegetables you have on hand and mix with noodles, sauce and cheese for dinner tonight.
- 1 pound pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups vegetables (fresh or canned, drained)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup cheese (grated or shredded)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Boil water in a cooking pot. Add the pasta. Turn down the heat to medium-low; cook according to box directions. Pour pasta and water into colander to drain.
- Add vegetables and spaghetti sauce to cooking pot. Cook over medium-low heat just until the vegetables are hot.
- Return cooked, drained pasta back to cooking pot and mix together.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Fresh or frozen vegetables can be used. Just cook them before tossing with pasta.
USDA Food and Nutrition Service, The Power of Choice
Food and Nutrition Service, USDA and Food and Drug Administration, DHHS