Extra apples from the market? Try this Waldorf Salad with walnuts and crunchy fall apples.
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 apples (cored and diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt, non-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Stir occasionally until they are evenly toasted.
- Combine apples, celery, nuts, and raisins.
- Stir together yogurt, sugar, and lemon juice. Pour over apple mixture and toss lightly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service