White Chicken Chili
Get three food groups in one delicious and hearty soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, black
- 1 can green chilies, drained, diced (4 oz)
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans, canned (15.5 ounce can, low sodium)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken (cooked, cubed)
- 1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz can)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add green chilies, beans (do not drain), chicken broth, garlic powder, pepper, ground cumin, and chicken. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Serve hot, topped with cheese.
To reduce sodium content of soups, drain and rinse canned beans, use low-sodium broth, and add your own spices instead of using a seasoning packet.
University of Nebraska at Lincoln
Nebraska Nutrition Education Program