This colorful dish is a delicious alternative to the sweet coleslaw and a great way to eat your veggies.
- 2 cups zucchini (coarsely shredded)
- 2 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot (medium, shredded)
- 2 green onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
1. Drain zucchini by pressing between layers of paper towels.
2. Put zucchini in large bowl; add cabbage, carrot, onions and radishes.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
4. Pour over vegetables and toss well.
5. Cover and chill at least one hour.
University of Kentucky, Cooperative Extension Service, Food and Nutrition Calendar 2005
Kentucky Families on the Move