Try this veggie side dish with different variations by adding combinations of your favorite veggies - grated carrots, spinach, cauliflower, or broccoli all work. You can serve this dish with applecause or sour cream.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or cooking spray)
1. Grate zucchini and mix with the other ingredients, except the oil. Blend well.
2. Form the mixture into patties 3-4 inches in diameter.
3. Heat the oil. Cook pancakes for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and drain on paper towels.
University of Wyoming, Cent$ible Nutrition Program.