Grilled Steak and Peppers Salad with Pears
Grill whole bell peppers along with steak, then add pear slices, and you have the foundation of a delicious and colorful Italian-influenced salad.
- 2 cups (4 oz) white-wheat rotini pasta (uncooked)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless choice beef top sirloin
- 2 pears
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup 100% white grape juice or apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb blend, salt-free
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, grape or apple juice, salt, and herb blend.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, rinse in cool water.
- Heat grill, rub peppers with 1/2 tsp olive oil. Grill whole peppers, turning as needed, until skin begins to brown and bubble. At the same time, grill beef sirloin to 145 °F, turning once. Remove from grill, let cool slightly.
- Slice peppers into strips, discarding seeds and stem. Cut sirloin across the grain into thin slices. Slice pears into thin wedges.
- Toss arugula and pasta in large bowl.
- To serve, evenly divide pasta-arugula onto four plates, arrange beef, peppers, and pears on top, drizzle with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of non-fat milk.