Simple Green Smoothie
Add kale or spinach to this fruit smoothie for a quick and delicious breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1 banana, medium
- 1 cup low fat milk (or optional coconut milk or almond milk)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 apple, medium (cored and sliced)
- 1 cup frozen fruit (all one fruit or a combination of mixed frozen fruit)
- flax seeds, 1 Tablespoon (optional)
- chia seeds, 1 Tablespoon (optional)
1. In a blender, blend the kale or spinach and the liquid of your choice.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients, blending after each item.
3. Serve and enjoy, cold.
4. Reserve the leftover smoothie in the refrigerator for later in the day or the next day.
Northern Valley Catholic Social Service