Fruity Thai Pita Pockets
Bored with the same old sandwich at lunch? Liven up packed lunches with this Thai-influenced pita pocket: a surprising blend of fruits, spinach and peanut sauce tucked in a very portable pita pocket.
- 1 can tropical fruit salad in 100% juice (15 ounces)
- 4 whole-grain pita pockets
- 4 cups fresh spinach (torn)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 3 tablespoons reserved juice from tropical fruit salad
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, crunchy or chunky
- 3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- In a colander over a bowl, drain fruit salad well; reserve 3 tbsp juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together reserved juice, peanut butter, cream cheese and soy sauce.
- Place drained fruit, spinach and cilantro (if desired) in bowl, mix gently.
- Add sauce and toss.
- Slice a small portion off each pita. Tuck the slice inside the bottom of the pita.
- Fill each pita pocket with the fruit-spinach mixture.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Will keep well overnight.
Time-saving idea: Purchase pre-opened pita pockets
Produce for Better Health Foundation