Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Add low-fat dairy to your dinner with this layered casserole that uses both milk and cheese.
- 1 ounce cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
- 1 cup milk, 1%
- 1 1/2 cups chicken, boneless (cut in pieces)
- 1 ounce chopped green chiles, canned (1 can)
- 1 corn tortillas (cut into strips)
- 6 cups cheddar cheese, low-fat, shredded
1. Mix mushroom soup, milk, chicken, and green chile peppers.
2. Pour 1/3 of the soup mixture into the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish that has been coated with oil or cooking spray
3. Layer half the tortilla strips.
4. Spread 1/3 of the soup mixture on top of the tortillas.
5. Sprinkle on half the cheese.
6. Repeat layers of tortilla strips and soup mix and end with cheese.
7. Baked at 350°F for 1 hour.
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education