A hearty and tasty one-pot dish that can be made in under half an hour. Use leftover brown rice for this recipe.
- 1 package broccoli (10 ounce, frozen, can also use mustard greens, collard greens or spinach)
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes, low sodium (about 30 oz)
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 1 can white beans (15 ounces, rinsed and drained)
- pepper (to taste)
- oregano, basil, or hot pepper (other spices to taste, optional)
1. Steam greens in the stewed tomatoes using a small pan, pot, or electric skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Cook greens 10 to 20 minutes, until they are as soft as you like them. Stir gently.
3. Add the rice, canned beans, and seasonings.
4. Cook until heated through.
University of Connecticut, Family Nutrition Program, Senior Nutrition Awareness Project (SNAP) Newsletters