Country Style Potato Salad
This potato salad uses peas, onions, and celery for a bright crunch and a base that includes plain yogurt for a light, zesty flavor.
- 3 potatoes (medium)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (minced)
- 1 cup peas (frozen)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (prepared)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1/2 cup yogurt, non-fat plain
- black pepper (fresh cracked, to taste)
- lettuce and tomato (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash potatoes, leave skin on and cut in bite-sized chunks.
- Place in pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower to simmer and cook uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain in colander and sprinkle lightly with cold water.
- In the mean time, put the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drain potatoes well and add to the bowl.
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Garnish with fresh lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
Cooking Demo II
Food and Health Communications, Inc.