Apple Banana Salad with Peanuts
Enjoy a fresh, flavorful change of pace with a surprising mix of lettuce, apples, and bananas, topped with a paprika dressing. This is a quick, easy meal for a busy day.
- 12 ounces lettuce mix
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 medium apples, sliced (14 oz. of sliced apples)
- 3/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-reduced mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Slice bananas.
- In a large salad bowl, toss mixed greens, banana and apple slices, peanuts, and dressing.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with 8 oz. non-fat milk and one slice of rustic whole-grain bread.
Tips on how to select and store bananas:
- Choose bananas that are slightly green on the stem and tip. They should be firm, without bruises.
- Store unripe bananas at room temperature. Store ripe bananas in refrigerator for up to two weeks; peel may turn black.
Produce For Better Health Foundation