Meatloaf in a Mug
Enjoy this flavorful meatloaf without ever turning on your oven. This delicious single serving meal can be prepared in the microwave.
- 1/4 pound ground beef, 85% lean (or leaner)
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 2 teaspoons milk, 1%
- 1 teaspoon dry onion mix
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine all ingredients and stir to mix.
- Spray microwave-safe mug with cooking spray.
- Pat beef mixture into mug. Make a small hold in center, all the way to the bottom.
- Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes or until done.
- Cooking time will increase if more than one meat loaf is placed in the microwave at a time.
- Leftover dry onion mix can be used as a seasoning for baked or microwaved vegetables.
Food Safety Note: Cook until the internal temperature is 160 F when measured with a meat thermometer.
Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
Iowa State University Extension