Grilled Shrimp with Cantaloupe Avocado Salsa
Savory sweet salsa featuring cantaloupe and avocado is the perfect complement to grilled shrimp.
- 1 lime (divided 1/2 for salsa, 1/2 for garnish)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup unsalted canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove diced garlic
- 4 bamboo skewers
- Preheat grill.
- Slice lime in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice from one half of lime; reserve other half for garnish.
- Add remaining salsa ingredients and gently mix.
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- Skewer shrimp on bamboo skewers.
- In a small dish mix together canola oil and garlic. Coat shrimp with oil-garlic mix.
- Grill 4-5 minutes or until cooked.
- To serve, top shrimp with salsa, garnish with lime wedges.
Serve with 8 oz non-fat milk and brown rice.
Produce for Better Health