Simply Satisfying Kale and Tuna Salad
Even the youngest junior chefs love massaging the kale in this simple salad recipe, which adds canned tuna, tomatoes and homemade dressing for a refreshing dish.
- 2 cans tuna (2-5 oz. cans)
- 1 bunch kale (or 1 bag)
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, raw
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Wash kale. Set aside to drain water off.
- Cut tomatoes in half and lightly toss in bowl with balsamic vinegar, oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix tuna and juice from the can gently with squeeze of 1/2 lemon and a pinch of pepper.
- Massage kale for about 3 minutes to soften it.
- Add the kale and 1/2 the tomatoes to the tuna, and gently toss until all is coated with dressing.
- Add remaining tomatoes.
- Squeeze remaining lemon all over and serve.
Seafood Nutrition Partnership