Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Prepare this in the morning and let it cook all day, so that you can enjoy a healthy and hearty dinner as soon as you walk in the door.
- 2 pounds stew meat (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup flour (all purpose)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon (2 cubes)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 3 carrot (sliced)
- 3 potatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (sliced)
- Add herbs as desired: bay leaf, basil, oregano, etc (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and pour over meat; stir to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir stew thoroughly before serving. If using bay leaf, discard before serving.
Montana State University Extension Service.