Baked Chicken with Vegetables
Carrots, potatoes, and onions are roasted along with chicken for a complete oven-baked meal.
- 4 potatoes (sliced)
- 6 carrots (sliced)
- 1 onion (large, quartered)
- 1 chicken (raw, cut into pieces, skin removed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and onions in a large roasting pan.
- Put chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
- Mix water, thyme, and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Spoon juices over chicken once or twice during cooking.
- Bake at 400 °F for one hour or more until browned and tender.
Go With Chicken
University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Service
Eau Claire County