Bright layers of spaghetti sauce, cheese, and macaroni cook together for one hour in the oven to make a hot meal.
- 1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce, meatless, low-sodium
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 ounces cottage cheese, fat-free
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup macaroni, dry
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (part skim, shredded)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a bowl combine sauce and water.
- In another bowl combine cottage cheese, egg and oregano.
- Grease 1 quart casserole.
- Spoon in 1/3 sauce.
- Top with 1 cup macaroni, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
Learn more about:
USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)