Chunky Garbanzo Bean Dip
Lemon pepper and chopped onion make this a zesty dip that you can use with vegetables or other foods.
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- lemon pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain and rinse the beans and mash in a small bowl with a fork or potato masher until most of the beans have been crushed. If you have a food processor, you can use it for this step.
- Stir in oil and onion along with lemon pepper and salt to taste. The mixture will be chunky, not smooth.
Suggest serving with vegetables like carrots, pea pods, and celery.
Learn more about:
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service