This dip is full of protein and can be served with vegetables or whole wheat pita for a healthy snack. Make it as spicy as you like by adding more or less of the cayenne pepper and jalapeno pepper.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (plain, non-fat)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain and mash garbanzo beans in blender, food processor, or with fork. Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Chill one hour or overnight.
- Serve on crackers or tortilla chips. Promptly refrigerate leftovers.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service