Add your favorite vegetables and any lean ground meat to create this easy dish.
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef (or other ground meat)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped, or 1 Tbsp onion powder)
- 1 can whole corn (14 ounce, or any canned vegetable, drained)
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (dry, or dry enchilada sauce)
- 2 cups rice, cooked (brown)
- 1/2 cup cheese (grated)
- 1/2 mushrooms, olives or any favorite vegetable (sliced, optional)
- Cook meat and onion until onion juices are clear.
- Drain juice and fat from cooked meat and onions.
- Add corn, taco seasoning, and rice.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add grated cheese to top; cover and let set for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service